7/19/12

Paper Mache Clay: Eye 2

I let the eye dry for a couple of days, and I've put the first coat of paint on it.  It's supposed to be a 'dark' piece- so I'm thinking of a sculpture look-alike rather than realistic painting.  I hope that I can pull it off.  And quickly!

Ready to get my painting groove on!

First layer - Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, and Indian Red.  Mostly burnt umber, as you can see.  This is just to give my dark under tones.







But! Would I really be an eye without eye lashes? No!  So, three gauges of wire stuck in and superglued to make the eye lashes.











A thicker wire with the other two gauges for the upper lashes.  Thinning out as it goes towards the corner of the eye.







And just the two thinner wires for the lower lashes.  Again, thinning as it goes towards the corner.








Painted the wire to match the base color. 

I thought about adding glasses as well, but I made the eye too big to do that.  Whoops.  And I made this one directly on the illustration board, so no take backs!








I've started to add in the green under tone as well.  After this dries completely, I'll be able to start doing washes with other colors to give it a richer look.

No comments: